The Institute is active in international affiliation with the International Consortium for Landslides, which operates under the UNESCO auspices. The Institute, represented by Director Trofymchuk Oleksander Mykolaevich, represents Ukraine in this consortium and coordinates the participation of Ukrainian institutions and organizations in the activities of this international society. During the 4th World Landslide Forum (Ljubljana, Slovenia) the Institute received a certificate of the World Center of Excellence for reducing the risk of landslides.
The Institute participates in grants from international and foreign organizations, in environmental management development projects in Ukraine (the Dnipro River basin district) (1994-2003, Canada), the creation of the Ukrainian Center for Land Management and Resources (1999-2004, USA), European projects INTAS (2000-2003), TEMPUS (2012-2015), projects of the International Consortium for landslides. Within the framework of the program of Ukrainian-Canadian cooperation implementation on the basis of remote sensing of the Earth from space and GIS-technologies, a unique regional information system of ecological management was created.
Every year members of the Institute take part in the work of international organizations, committees, councils and realize reports at international conferences, symposiums, seminars, etc.
Cooperation of the Institute
- an agreement with Aktobe (Aktyubinsk) Research Geological Prospecting Oil Institute (Kazakhstan).
- the Institute is a cofounder of NATO Advanced Study Institute (Albania). Activities of this Institute are aimed at developing coding theory and cryptography.
- the Institute is also a cofounder of the International non-governmental organization “Society Ukraine – Montenegro” which was formed with the aim of national cultural cooperation, exchange of educational experience at various levels, cooperation between scientific and educational institutions, cultural and artistic organizations, distribution of information about Ukraine in Montenegro and about Montenegro in Ukraine.
- Director of the Institute, Corresponding Member of the NAS of Ukraine O.M. Trofymchuk is a Member of the International Society of Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering.
- an agreement was signed for cooperation with Maria Joliot-Curie Sklodowska Institute in Lublin (Poland) on joint scientific, methodological, organizational and practical work for introducing means of technological support of education quality control processes in the higher school system and creation of a joint virtual International Laboratory of information technologies in the education quality assurance system.
- an agreement was signed on cooperation with the Institute of Oceanology of Bulgarian Academy of Sciences within the framework of a joint Ukrainian – Bulgarian project of scientific and technical cooperation “Development of a model of a geoinformation system for space monitoring of ecological state of sea waters in ports and navigable waterways of the Ukrainian sector of the Black Sea”.
- an agreement on the cooperation of the Institute with the Department of Mathematical Modeling of the Catholic University named after Jan Pavel II in Lublin and the Institute of Mathematics of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus.